The Renewables Grid Initiative is happy to offer a training session webinar for NGOs on digitisation in the electricity sector and how it can help enable our transition to a decarbonised electricity system. With presentations from those working practically with the technology on the ground, this session will help us to get behind the buzzwords.
This event is for employees and volunteers of non-profit organisations who wish to gain an overview of some key aspects of digitisation, including:
- Which technologies show promise as enablers of decarbonisation?
- What benefits do they offer to different groups?
- How can these technologies support local energy communities?
- Can a smarter grid reduce the need for new lines?
- The unknowns and potential risks of an increasingly digitised system.
The session will be interactive, allowing you to ask questions and contribute to the discussion. This webinar is the second in a series of events for civil society on the role of the grid in the energy transition. These trainings will empower civil society actors to engage with the technical aspects of the energy transition at the local and policy levels.