Starting as soon as possible; location is Berlin
Duties and responsibilities
Overall financial management:
- Financial management of a multiple partner consortium and multiple legal entities representing it;
- Annual/multiannual budget planning, execution, reporting;
- Preparation of monthly, semi-annual and annual financial reports employing various cost allocation techniques;
- Liaise with the EU financial authorities, auditors and the German tax authorities;
- Processing and validating invoices, expenses, payments and reimbursements, preparation of commitments, purchase orders;
- Maintenance and fulfilment of RGI’s invoice and travel registers;
- Authorisation and support of all financial transactions in compliance with internal procedures and donor requirements;
- Compilation and sending of all relevant receipts/supporting documents to the external accountant and tax advisor on a monthly basis;
- Reconciliation of the income/expenses booked as well as the cash and bank balances on a quarterly basis together with the external accountant;
- Handling of a VAT account.
Project financial management:
- Preparation of project budgets and participation in preparation of EU / national funding applications;
- Parallel administration of EU-funded projects and institutional funding; preparation of budget amendments;
- Ensure compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with funding partner’s contracts and regulations;
- Financial reporting to the European Commission and other donors for granted projects;
- Financial coordination of consortium partners;
- Procurement of services and supplies and external contract management according to donors’ rules and procedures.
- Any other relevant administrative task.
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in finance and management of EU-funded projects. He/she should be able to work autonomously, have outstanding organisational skills and a strong capacity to track details, including the ability to prioritise work demands and tasks.
- Finance/accounting qualification or equivalent;
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in financial management of EC project and/or operating grants;
- Fluency in English, ability to read German preferable
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and objectives in an autonomous manner;
- Desire and commitment to work in a small team in a multicultural working environment;
- Experienced in developing and implementing effective financial systems.
- Good knowledge of German;
- Knowledge of relevant German law (e.g. accounting, labour, tax law);
- Familiarity with the European public administration environment;
- Work experience with financial and/or legal issues related to international programmes, public procurement and project management;
- Experience with NGO fundraising;
- Experience of working in an international NGO and/or multicultural working environment.
What we have to offer:
- Reporting to the RGI CEO, the financial manager is offered a full-time, two-year contract, with the possibility of extension/becoming a permanent contract
- We are a small international and diverse team
- We are young, growing and continuously inventing something new
- We interact with partners in 10 different European countries
- We are operating at the heart of an exciting industry that’s currently undergoing a massive transition
- We work at the interface of corporate energy, non-governmental organisations and policy
Interested candidates should submit their applications in English. Please include a CV, cover letter including expected salary and at least two reference contacts. The applications should be sent per e-mail to email@example.com and addressed to Antonella Battaglini, CEO of RGI. Please include “Financial Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be processed until a suitable candidate is found. Interviews are planned to take place on October 4-6 following telephone interviews.
Only candidates with the required qualification will receive feedback to their application.