This Best Practice Webinar, organised with Swiss startup Gilytics, focused on how their GIS Decision Support System 'Pathfinder' can optimise energy infrastructure planning and design.
In order to accelerate deployment of energy infrastructure we need quick and reliable answers to important questions: Where do we best place new infrastructure to meet the needs of an energy system based on renewables? How do we make sure route planning integrates all relevant data and ensures optimal outcomes for nature and people?
Developed by Swiss startup Gilytics, Pathfinder is a solution providing answers on how to tackle these questions – using a GIS Decision Support System to optimise energy infrastructure planning and design.
During our webinar, we:
- dove into how Pathfinder works
- discussed how environmental, technical and regulatory parameters are integrated in the planning process
- showed how Pathfinder visualises potential corridors using 2D and 3D Views, and augmented/virtual reality
- talked about how Pathfinder can help internal and external stakeholders assess and compare alternatives
- heared from Swissgrid how Pathfinder’s corridor paths analysis supported their stakeholder engagement process
Our presenters were:
- Elena Rodríguez | Customer Success Manager, Gilytics AG
- Salvador Bayarri | Software Team Lead, Gilytics AG
- Joshu Jullier | Communication Manager, Swissgrid
Also, this was an incredible opportunity to ask the minds behind the tool everything you would like to know about its development, functions and use cases, as following the inputs, we opened the floor for Q&A and discussion.
For more information or in case of questions, please get in touch with Stephanie Bätjer.
Watch the video recording of our event: