Starting as soon as possible; location is Berlin
The Renewables Grid Initiative (RGI) is a unique collaboration of NGOs and Transmission System Operators (TSOs) from across Europe. We promote transparent, environmentally sensitive grid development to enable the further steady growth of renewable energy and the energy transition.
The RGI Secretariat is looking for a Financial Manager to provide sound financial and administrative management of the organisation. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, committed, dynamic and very international team that interacts with partners from across Europe.
Overall financial management:
- Financial management of a multiple partner consortium and multiple legal entities representing it;
- Annual/multiannual budget planning, execution, reporting;
- Preparation of monthly, semi-annual and annual financial reports employing various cost allocation techniques;
- Liaise with the EU financial authorities, auditors and the German tax authorities;
- Processing and validating invoices, expenses, payments and reimbursements, preparation of commitments, purchase orders;
- Maintenance and fulfilment of RGI’s invoice and travel registers;
- Authorisation and support of all financial transactions in compliance with internal procedures and donor requirements;
- Compilation and sending of all relevant receipts/supporting documents to the external accountant and tax advisor on a monthly basis;
- Reconciliation of the income/expenses booked as well as the cash and bank balances on a quarterly basis together with the external accountant;
- Handling of a VAT account.
Project financial management:
- Preparation of project budgets and participation in preparation of EU / national funding applications;
- Parallel administration of EU-funded projects and institutional funding; preparation of budget amendments;
- Ensure compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with funding partner’s contracts and regulations;
- Financial reporting to the European Commission and other donors for granted projects;
- Financial coordination of consortium partners;
- Procurement of services and supplies and external contract management according to donors’ rules and procedures.
- Any other relevant administrative task.
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in finance and management of EU-funded projects. He/she should be able to work autonomously, have outstanding organisational skills and a strong capacity to track details, including the ability to prioritise work demands and tasks.
- Finance/accounting qualification or equivalent;
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in financial management of EC project and/or operating grants;
- Fluency in English, ability to read German preferable
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and objectives in an autonomous manner;
- Desire and commitment to work in a small team in a multicultural working environment;
- Experienced in developing and implementing effective financial systems.
- Good knowledge of German;
- Knowledge of relevant German law (e.g. accounting, labour, tax law);
- Familiarity with the European public administration environment;
- Work experience with financial and/or legal issues related to international programmes, public procurement and project management;
- Experience with NGO fundraising;
- Experience of working in an international NGO and/or multicultural working environment.
- Reporting to the RGI CEO, the financial manager is offered a full-time, two-year contract, with the possibility of extension/becoming a permanent contract
- We are a small international and diverse team
- We are young, growing and continuously inventing something new
- We interact with partners in 10 different European countries
- We are operating at the heart of an exciting industry that’s currently undergoing a massive transition
- We work at the interface of corporate energy, non-governmental organisations and policy
Interested candidates should submit their applications in English. Please include a CV, cover letter including expected salary and at least two reference contacts. The applications should be sent per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Antonella Battaglini, CEO of RGI. Please include “Financial Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be processed until a suitable candidate is found. Interviews are planned to take place on October 4-6 following telephone interviews.
Only candidates with the required qualification will receive feedback to their application.